Dale Jr Update

Just wanted to update you guys, the most loyal group of Dale Jr fans and friends!

Dale has been following the doctor's orders to rest up.  The doctor did relax his orders a little last week and allowed him to watch some television and play a little video games. He's not suppose to "stress" his brain, LOL.  He spent the weekend at home doing just that.  He did watch the race and was bummed with the engine blowing on the 88.  On Sunday, our cousin was married on Dale's property (at the old town) and he did come down to the ceremony but quickly retreated back to his house after the ceremony was over.   We spent the day Tuesday in Pittsburgh at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center with a great team of doctors led by Mickey Collins.  This facility is part of the Steelers training facility for all you Steelers fans.  It was pretty cool.  Dale spent most of the day doing different therapies and exercises.  When he was done, the doctors, Dale, Amy and myself grabbed a quick lunch in the Steelers cafeteria (we had been up since 530 am and starving by this point!) and went on a quick tour of their facility including the locker rooms.  It was the players day off, but a few of them were there that were injured or doing extra training.  We met Ike Taylor...and he was really nice.  We got back yesterday afternoon and Dale has some different therapies to do at home as he consults with the doctors each day.  If all goes according to plan, and he continues to improve to 100%,  he will test a race car early next week to be cleared for Martinsville.  This has definitely been a eye opening experience and one that I hope we don't revisit in his career.  The outpouring of support has been great, and well, the criticism, you can learn from that as well.  The support has far outweighed the criticism and for that we are gr88tful.  Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.  Jr Nation Rocks.

Kelley

Comments

Thank you Kelley and Amy for taking such good care of Dale Jr. while he is recovering. It makes me feel so much better that he has two wonderful women (actually four with Mamaw and Mom) to take care of him. Nothing but well wishes and a speedy recovery for Dale Jr. He definitely did the right thing in staying out these races to recover.

I pray that Dale will be completely healed soon. And I have to admit, I will be so crushed if he doesn't get cleared to race at Martinsville. Here in our house we count the days down between the 2 races there, and it will be just devastating if he isn't on the track. However, having had a concussion myself and knowing the consequences, I know that he is doing the right thing and will be back when he is ready! Prayers to everyone in the family. . .and hope to see him back taking the checkered flag at my little hometown track, the paperclip!

Sorry for all the posts! Don't know why so many came through. . .but maybe I got the message across! :o\

Kelley, you know we love all of you and only want the best for Jr. so I will be glad when he is cleared 100% and gets back on the track as I know you all do as well. Thanks for updating us and praying for his recovery.

Thanks for the update - we appreciate you keeping us in the loop. You two gals do your best to make him take it easy!

We will be keeping Dale and everyone around him in our prayers. It has got to be the hardest thing, but its the right thing. He actually was instrumental in convincing my niece to not push herself after she suffered a concussion in a basketball game just days before he announced that he would be out of the car; she watched the press conference and realized that she needs to take it easy to be sure she's ready to get back out there. Always an inspiration Dale! Thank you!

Thoughts and prayers are with Dale Jr. As much as we want to see him racing, his health is far more important to us.Just ignore the criticism, for their sake, hopefully they never have to go through what he has. Tell him to take it easy and be sure he's 100% before going back to racing.

Thanks Kellie for update on Dale #88! Glad to see he is trying to get help on getting better! I hope this concussion won't have any affect on him in later years like the former pro football players have. I wish Dale a speedy recovery abd best of luck on the Cup Chase and next year to do better if he makes it! Go #88 GO!! :0)

It is great you and him are keeping a sense of humor about this, and he is taking the "rest" seriously. I wish him a VERY speedy recovery, and am keeping him in my thoughts and prayers. Very proud of his chase efforts

I pray for a full recover soon, I want to also thank Dale for his decision to get the help he so much needed. I want to see him come back healthy. I am thankfut for Reagan Smith to feel in during this time of his healing, He is a great driver and has filled the shoes of my favorite driver in a stellar way. Dale keep up the progress and hope to see you back on the track soon. I also think that kelly and Amy taking care of Dale and helping him in big decisions that have come up in doing the right thing. God bless you both for your support.,

Thanks Kelley, means alot to hear it from Family instead social media.. Always critisism, but, in the end its about whats best for Dalejr. You are all doing what you need to do..We only have 1 life, and we all want to be here always for our loved ones, nothing more important than that..Sorry for the drivers that think its not a big deal and do it all the time..Thats on them later in life..Because its family that it affects the most later on.. SNAPS to jr for putting himself and family first. Heart of a champion in LIFE...I know he will be back if its meant to be..Get well DaleJr.. Miss you..

Thank you Kelley for the update. I know that Jr Nation appreciates you for keeping us in the loop. Dale and yalls family has been in my and my friends prayers. Im happy to hear that he is doing better. I know that millions of fans will agree with me that we cant wait to see Dale back on the track once he is 100% better. Thank you again Kelley!!

Thanks for the update. Please let Jr know that although Denny Hamlin is from our county, Chesterfield VA, that Jr is still the #1 pick for Chesterfield County. We all love and know Denny, but Jr is still #1. If Jr doesn't win, then we go for Denny!!! God bless.

Thanks Kelley for the update! Appreciate the info on what is going on with Dale. You guys definitely made the right decision - it was well, just different being at a Cup race and no Earnhardt in it! Dale's safety and well-being are the most important things though. He has provided so much interest and reason for being a part of the sport, especially with the great season he has had this year. Thanks for being such a great sister - I have two very good ones so I know what it means. Take care and God bless!

Great update,thanks Kelley...Get well soon jr.! I want to see you back in the car doing your best man!

Thank you Kelly for the true info on Dale's health we really appriciate it. Dale is always in our prays and we cant wait for him to return to racing it just wasn't the same last week with him not in the race. Prayers to all. Love from KY.

As one of Dale's loyal fans, I admit I feel lost without watching him race. I actually fell asleep during the Charlotte race, especially after the blown engine incident on the #88. That being said, I am also so impressed that Dale is handling this in such a professional and caring manner. It was so great to hear that Amy accompanied you to PA - really made me smile! Whenever Jr. is back on the racetrack, you know Junior Nation will be ecstatic and wishing him all the success in the world.... We miss you Junie! Get well SOON !

Thanks Kelley for the update. I really hope he is in the car at Martinsville. It takes a real man to admit that he is hurt and to set out two races. Especially when that man is fighting for a Championship. Dale get better soon. Not the same watching the race without a Earnhardt racing.

Thanks for the update on Jr. It was hard for his fan's to see someone else in his car! It was hard to not have an Earnhardt in the race! Hoping and praying Jr recovers 100% VERY soon! But glad he is taking the time to get his health back!

You guys are ALL one class act and Dale Jr.'s health is what most important, I missed him so not seeing him on sat BUT getting better is what it is all about. HE IS A CHAMPION IN MY EYES ALLREADY!!! thanks for letting us know. I am a steeler fan too. From PA!!!!

Thanks for LOVIN" Dale, Kelley and thanks for your update. See you in Martinsville!

Kelley, we all appreciate the way you keep us up to date. Glad Dale is following Doctores orders, know you and Amy are making sure he is taking care of himself, miss him on the track but want him to get well first. I had tears in my eyes Sat when Reagan was wearing an AMP uniform, Friday with the Front Row uniform I guess it really hadn't hit home but in the AMP uniform it really sunk in. Still listened to them on the scanner til the engine went, hopefully he will have a better weekend this weekend.

Thanks for the update on Dale's condition. I pray for a speedy recovery. I missed seeing you race at Charlotte & now Kansas this week. You have very loyal fans Dale that believe in you. I for one am very happy that you are doing well. You made the Chase and next year will be your year to win the championship. GET WELL SOON. HOPE TO SEE YOU IN MARTINSVILLE. Jersey Girl - GO #88!

Thanks for the update Kelly. Prayers for Jr that he will be 100% ready to go when the time is right. Going to or watching a race just isn't the same without an Earnhardt on the track.

thanks for the update, kelley! glad Dale is doing better! hope to see him back in the car for Martinsville! we want him back 100% healthy, his health & well-being is something that we JRN members care about! ur health is nothing toi mess around with!

So glad to get the update!!!!! I am praying for Dale Jr.,that He will recover 100%, I hope He won't jump back in too soon!!!! He needs to take all the time He needs to be sure He's healed all the way because this is very serious and could cause Him problems in the future if not completed healed!!!We(his fans)will be here for him no matter how long it takes!!!!!!!!!

DALE.JR IS A GREAT DRIVER ONE OF THE BEST HE IS A FIGHTER HE,LL BE BACK ON THE TRACK AND HARD TO BEAT REST GOOD JR. WERE ALL WAITING FOR THE 88TO CROSS THE WINNERS CIRCLE.. TAKE CARE MY FRIEND

Thank you to all the wonderful people that are taking such great care that Dale Jr. gets 100 percent of his health back.

Keep it up JR we miss you out there on the track watching you race hard. Im a wounded warrior who has had my fair share of concussions and never treated them the right way now i have tbi so take it serious get healthy lets win one more this year and get that chapionship next year!!!!

I think its great that Jr. you are doing well,keep positve and do all that they ask, your health is worth more than anything in this world. Thanks Kelly for you up date. Its good to know he is on the mend.

Thanks Kelley for the update! Jr. get well, keep positive and look forward to seeing you back in the 88.

We want a Jr healthy. If it means he's off for a few races. Oh well! A healthy Jr is better then no Jr at all. So Take easy Jr and think of yourself for once.

Thank you for the update Kelley! So glad to hear that Dale is healing well & taking all the precautions to mend correctly. Keep up the good work & I wish Dale a speedy recovery! Much love & best wishes.... Beth

Get well soon JR. We all miss you out there in the 88 car. Keep up the good work and stay positive!!

I LOVE MY DALE SO GET BETTER SOON SWEETIE. DON'T RUSH GETTING BACK IF YOUR NOT READY. WE WANT YOU FULLY RECOVERED. WOULD LOVE TO MEET YOU IN PERSON ONE DAY... A WORRIED FAN. HUGS AND PRAYERS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. GET WELL.

Dale, I am so proud of you for taking care of your health! I am a deputy sheriff who had to retire in 2005 after 2 on-duty car crashes in 11 months caused me to suffer your exact symptoms. Only after 2 years of different doctors (and the Mayo Clinic) back in 2004-2006 did I get the correct diagnosis, but by then my migraines were so established that I have some kind of headache EVERY day. I am 47 and have had this condition for exactly 10 years, it SUCKS. No matter what, your brain must come first. I know it is hard, because no one can "see" you are hurt, but do not let anyone hurry you back to driving. I am a HUGE fan in Florida, but I can wait until you are healthy!!! Thanks for taking the time to update us Kelley, you are a great sister and partner! Feel better soon, and know we all want to see you healthy and back with the #88 team!!!

I'm glad he's doing better. At first I was really bummed that he's missing the 2 races, but I realized that missing 2 races is a lot better than getting into another wreck with a concussion and maybe ending his racing career. I know he wants to race, but he's also smart on the track including knowing when he needs to step out of the car for a couple of weeks. Even yall's dad did that and he was known to be the toughest of them all. Can't wait to see him back in the 88 at Martinsville, one of his favorite style racing.

SORRY I DIDN'T THINK IT POSTED UNTIL I REFRESHED IT. OOPS. 8)

Hay dale get well soon miss you on the track that 88 just ain't the same with out you in it my prayers to you and your family from your biggest race fan in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Praying for a quick complete recovery. We will be happy when you are back in the 88! God Bless, D & S Miller...

Can't wait to see him back on the track but, Health 1st, get well Jr

I know he wants to get back into the car, but if theres a chance that he's not 100 percent I hope he doesn't, this was a scary thing to happen and I hope he isn't getting back into the car to soon, get well dale, we miss you.

Dale's health is the most important thing. Thank you so much for the update.

thanks for the update! Dale is luck y to have you... Family is what matters most..

Thank you sooooo much for the update and keeping us in the know. It sucks to not have Jr in the car but his health is waaaaaaay more important than being on the track. Tell him to keep taking it easy and hope to see him in the car real soon. We miss him and his smiling face.

Thanks for the update, Kelly. I admire Jr. tremendously for stepping up to the plate and setting the bar for these types of injuries. There should be more drivers willing to do the same. His health should always come first!

Get healthy Jr. we can't wait to see ya back in the car, but health is more important !! Thanx Kelley for the update and may God Bless You Both !! I have brain cancer and have to have brain surgery the day after Thanksgiving and have been pretty depressed for a while about it !! So what I'm basicly trying to tell you Jr. is don't get depressed about being out of the car, just keep your head up and work your therepy to get better and you'll be back better than ever !! Love you guys and remember CLEVELAND RULES lol !!!!

Thanks for the update!!! I have missed Jr so much even when the 88 was out there it just wasnt the same!! Health is more important so get well soon and do what the doctors tell you!!!! Enjoy your family!!!!

Thank you so much Kelly for keeping us informed about Dale Jr. I was so sorry to hear about his concussion. I really miss him and please let him know for me. I didn't even watch the race last weekend and will not watch it this weekend either. It is just not the same without Jr.Wish I could come see him. I live in Kannapolis NC. Tell him his fans love him.

I for one am glad he said something what would have happened if he did not. Other people need to use their heads when they say things like what was said, he is a super driver and not taking his health for granted is a very wise move on his and Kelly`s part

Thank you much for the update.. I care about him just like he is part of my family watching him through his career. I am glad that he is giving himself time to heal and that he took his health in his hands. I have been keeping him in my prayers. I know Dale JR is one of the racing idols to all the younger guys coming up maybe this will let them know it is okay to say something if something is wrong with thier bodies. All sports people get injuries and sit out of few games or seasons and this is a very dangerous sport.

So glad he is following orders and getting better, Can't wait to see him back on a track.

Sure miss you in the 88, but totally understand that you need to follow what the doctors say!!! Your health is more important.... no matter what happens know that your TRUE FANS love you and always will!! Hope to see you in the car asap but dont rush things!!!.... THANKS KELLY for updates!!!!

Kelly t hank you for the update on Dale Jr, I know that all of his friends want to keep updated on his health and wellbeing. We are Jr Nation and we love our man. Can't wait to see him 100% and back in the driver's seat!! Praying for you Jr. Get well soon!!!!!

I am so relieved you are taking such good care of yourself, I don't care if you never race again, just want you well and happy. Kelley is so kind to keep us all in the know, again prayers and best wishes for you your family and future.

I'm happy to hear Dale is healing. Your health is the most important thing, and as sad as I am that you are out of the car, I would be devastated should something more serious happen to you because you didn't take care of your self now. God Bless and hope to see you 100% healthy, soon!

Thank you for the update Kelley! I've been wondering how he was progressing with everything. I am a season ticket holder at Martinsville and was thinking about selling my tickets if Junior doesn't run there. He runs so great there, I can't wait to see him win his first grandfather clock in person. Hope you and your family are doing well.

Thanks Kelly for filling us in on our Dale!! Glad he is getting rest and feeling better.Come back strong , we miss you and I just can't see anyone driving the 88 but you!!!!

So happy to hear he is doing better, health is most important!! Thank you so much for the update!! My husband and I will be at the Texas race and hope to see him there and 100%!!

Awww...thanks Kelley for taking the time out of your busy day to say some encouraging words to all of us who are waiting in the wings for a peek into our drivers private world. Dale Jr is so special to us!! Not only as our driver but as a human being. We think of him as part of our own family....our JRNation family and reading all of these supporting words from the ones who come here to actually write these words is truly an awesome feeling and makes me so proud to be a part of JRNation!! I know that all of the thoughts and prayers for Dale Jr will lift him up so that he will conquer this tough time in his life and it will pass. We will support him in whatever decisions he makes. Tell him that we will be out here along with his private family sending good vibes and prayers his way!! May God Bless all who surround him with care and love to carry him on his journey! Sincerely, A Proud JRNation Fan!

Don't EVER forget, your health and well being will ALWAYS be the most important thing !! When you sit back one day, and look back on your life...the things you did OFF the track will have a much greater impact than anything you'll ever do behind the wheel. Your time behind the wheel has, and hopefully will continue to thrill countless fans for many years to come. The lives you touch off the track will be changed in a positive way that most people will never see, but you will...and in the end, that's a leagacy you can surely be proud of.

proud of you for looking out for your HEALTH!Stay true to yourself and get well soon...Semper Fi

Glad that your getting better. cant wait to see you back in the seat of that Amp 88

Kelley, it was awesome of you to share this with us. It's so hard to believe what you read in the media, and to hear this from someone we can trust means so much. Please tell Dale we all support his decision and are praying he gets better and back on track (pun intended), soon! I am really hoping to see him race at Phoenix!

Kelly I know it has to be hard on you to see your brother hurt. You are a wonderful sister to Dale and I know that he appreciates everything you do. I am glad you have given us a update on Dale's progress. I pray that he gets healed soon. I know this was a hard thing for Dale to have to do now since he has been running so well. But it will all work out. He is a great driver and no matter what he will always have his true fans behind him. We love you Dale and you are in our prayers.

Kelley, So glad to hear that Jr. is feeling better and taking it easy his life is the most important thing and we support him and your family all the way...much love

Thank you Kelley for giving us fans an update....just goes to show you what an amazing sister and person you are to think of us even when you must have so much on your mind. We fans love Dale too and I thank you for taking the time to reassure us that he will be ok and I will continue to pray for his speedy healing, your peace, and most of all for the love that you are showing us fans. Sincerely, appreciated....Dale get better....listen to the doctors.....listen to your sister...lol.....and most of all, know that we support your decisions no matter what criticism or negative feedback is out there. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU OR STAND BEHIND YOU no matter what happens....you have a wonderful sister who thinks of us fans to let us know even when she must be so terrified for you and your family....gotta love that! God bless you Kelley and Dale and family....keep us in the loop and prayers being faxed to you ASAP.....lol....

Thanks for the update Kelly. Glad he is doing better and following doctors orders. Our family supports the decisions that you all make for Dale's health. That is what is important. Tell Dale to take care and hope to see him on the track soon (after he is completely recovered and released from the doctors.) Please keep us updated.

Thank you for keeping us updated. I commend Dale Jr for thinking about his health and doing whatever it takes to get better. It was heartbreaking to be at Charlotte Motor Speedway this past weekend and not see Jr. racing, however I am proud of him for going against the odds and taking the necessary steps to take care of himself. Glad he is following doctor's orders, that is so very important. My prayers are positive thoughts are with Dale Jr.

Kelley, you are an Angel for posting here on this blog. There is just so much going on and we are so worried about Jr. Yes I am with all of Jr Nation when I say I want to see him in a car...BUT with that being said he MUST do what is best for him physically. That article you posted shook me as much as it apparently shook you. We have to have Jr think about what is best for his future, for his future wife and his future children, grand children. If that means he has to take time off then tell him to do it. Jr Nation will always be here. Maybe he should take the rest of the chase off? He is in 12th anyway ( although that could change at anytime). If it comes down to if he gets in the car and it could injury his worse or God forbide the worse than maybe he could be the so called Poster Child for Safety unfortunally just like his father but on a lighter note. Now is the time to think outside the box. Maybe he could go to each race (if this is not too painful) and have a booth set at each track for his fans to get autographs, pictures or say win a tour with Jr at the track or lunch with Jr at the hauler, these kind of things that keep Jr in the fans minds and the sponsors happy to some extent. WE WANT HIM IN OUR LIVES BUT NOT AT THE EXTENT OF HIS LIFE!!!! May God Bless Jr and keep him his arms. Thank-you for all that you do for him and his business and us at Jr Nation. Also tell Amy thanks for standing by Jr, she seems to be really important to him. WE LOVE YOU DALE JR

Nice to hear that JR is doing what he is suppose to. And you went to a great place Pittsburgh. They have a great medical place there. Get feeling better soon. I think every one is saying a prayer for Dale.

I had just got back from work when I heard the press conference and it took a lot of courage to do what Dale did. I am glad that you are keeping the fans up to date Kelley. I am a Steelers fan and the team has the best medical facility in Pennsylvania and # 5 in the U.S.A. so Dale is in good hands. I want to emphasize that NFL players should do the same thing as Dale did and go see the doctors when they have suffered a concussion. when I heard what could happen if he had a 3rd concussion in a short period of time it made me think of Dale Sr. and how we lost him too young and we don't want to see history repeating itself. Unless Dale Jr. just won the Daytona 500 again.

thanks kelly and amy for taking great care of our main guy on the race track.hope he keeps listening to the drs orders.missed him very much at the race last week. so hoping everything goes ok for him in the next week or so we'll se him back at the next race.have a speedy recovery dale

thanks kelly for the update praying that everything works out so he can race next weekend-

Get well soon Dale,,,,,,, I won't be watching any Nascar till you are back on the track!! Some would say that I am a poor sport,,,,,,not the case. I just love watching YOU race. Thanks Kelly for the update also.

Sorry to hear that you have a concussion. Just take it easy. Forget about the ones that want to see you at the track. They probably never go. Just listen to the doctors and there is always next year.

thanks for the update praying for a speedy recovery get well soon JR

great news Kelly, am hoping Dale will be back in the lineup soon---however, he is much more important --there will be a Chase next year so it's no big deal--Dale''s health and wellness is numero uno !! Will always love him and he will always be first with me !

Thanks so much for keeping us updated. Dale's health is the most important thing. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Junior you just take the time and rest you need to get better! Your true fans are behind you 100% and we only want you feeling good and healthy. Race or not, win or lose....you are always a champion to me ! Laurie Reaume from Ontario Canada !

Wonderful to hear that Dale is doing the medically correct and intelligent things to do. Science now knows the toll that multiple untreated head injuries take on the brain. Dale has a long and productive life ahead of him. He is so respected and admired---once again he is moving the entire racing community forward. It took courage to do what he did. Here's to a complete recovery, Many thanks for the update

Thank you so much for the update on Jr, glad to hear that he is recovering and knowing he is doing the right thing, because I dont think I could stand it if he wasn't racing anymore at all ! Being a stock car racer in my past I understand how hard it is to decide not to race because your injured and need to recover, it is not an easy thing to do when you enjoy racing, the rush you get on the track. It will be so nice to have Jr back on the track at Martinsville, but it will be even better knowing he did what he needed to do for himself, all his fans understand and will always stand by him in good and bad. Again nice to hear he is recovering nicely and it is nice of you Kelley, to keep us updated, we all love Jr!!!

just get better .. even if you never race again .. you'll still be my favorite.. take care of you .. and thanks Kelly for update

I am Keeping you all in my prayers. Get better soon Junebug and come back and show all the Haters what the deal is!! I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery. We miss seeing you on the Track doing what you love! Jr Nation is behind you Junebug 100%! Kick some a** and take some names brother!!!!

Thank God, and I am so happy to hear Dale's progress is going well. His health and well being is the most important. Like you Kelley, I hope we never have to deal with anything like this again and I'm so glad that you and Jr. share with us the updates like family, because we are all family, we all care and love Jr. and want only the best for him!

Get better soon Dale jr. Praying for your quick recovery. The race last weekend just wasnt the same for me without you in the car. So glad that you have Amy and your family to support you through this. Junior nation totally supports you and I am still voting for the Most popular driver everyday. Love ya #88.

So glad to hear jr. is better,but i also think he needs to be sure he is ok to get back on the track. I had a concussion,and it's nothing to play around with.I know he will follow dr's order's,and that's good.Sure do miss him racing,,but when he does get to come back we can all scream and hollow,go jr go.It's great he has Kelly and Amy taking care of him,and pretty sure other's also.We,his fan's,care and want him well. Just take care and see you when you get back.

Kelley you are an awesome and loving sister. Dale is lucky to have you on his side. Continued excellent rehabbing to Dale.

Wishing Dale Jr the very best. It is great that he has family that will keep everyone up to date! We love the Earnhardt family so much!

THANK YOU KELLEY FOR THE UPDATE REALLY APPRECIATE A LOT...AMY THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT IN HELPING KELLEY..AS FAR AS THE CRITICS GO..THEY CAN CAN GO TO HELL..GET WELL DALE..

That's great news to hear Kelley.. Get Well soon Jr.

Kelley, I'm glad Dale has you and I'm happy to know Amy is by his side too. God is in this and guiding you all to good doctors, loving Dale Jr. through this. God bless you!

Kelley thanks for sharing such great news, so wonderful to hear. Dale is so lucky to have such a great family taking such good care of him. GET WELL SOON DALE, but not before your ready. So glad he has so many people taking care of him. I'm so glad Dale came forward and getting such great doctor's to help him through all this. Take care Dale, see you again soon at the track .

It don't matter how much they want to criticize our Jr, this nation holds true to our own. We'll never leave your side !!!! I can't wait to see the 88 in victory lane in Martinsville !!! Take care of yourself Jr, we all love you.

Get well soon, Junior. The race just ain't the same without you. Missed you on "Hot Pass" from Charlotte! Can't wait 'til you're back! 88 ROCKS!

Thanks for the update! Hope your better soon Dale! We miss you!!!!!!!

Thank you very much for the update Kelley!! I'm so glad that Dale Jr. is getting better!!

Thank you for the update Kelley, I am so glad that Jr is getting better and hope to see him back on the race track soon!!!

Glad to hear he is approving! I love to watch him race! I've liked him for yrs lol. Is it true he is already married?

Thanks for the update. Glad he is in the process of healing! What a bummer for him, especially running so well and for the chase! But hey he is not a machine and as a nurse, he needs to take time and heal up!! Always next year! But your health comes first! Hope to see him at a race soon!! Get well Dale!!!!!

I do not blame him for this and more drivers should do this.Dale Earnhardt jr still has my full 100% support and i stiil support him for the Most Popular Driver award .Concussions are nothing to joke about.As far as the Chase he has several years left in driving to win a Championship.Get your self better and get back to doing wat you do best. To loose his Dad a few years back to Head Trauma and to step up and get help for his concussion and bring it out is huge.Not only for his safety but for others safety to.He is the biggest Man i know of the sport to step up and more drivers should be like him.Thank you Kelley for letting us know how he is doing.

Dude, you rock even on the couch ... Hang on, the rest may be difficult (trust me, I know this ... )

Gr88t news Kelley. Get better Buddy & don't worry we got ya' back with the "critics" too.

Thanks for the update...In my prayers. Hope you mend faster than Sid did, Dale. Here's hoping now that you've been to the burg you will join Steeler Nation. By the way, hop on down to Primanti Bros next time in!

Kelly,glad he is doing better..miss not seeing him on the track..God is the great physcian and he is watching over dale jr and ur whole family..may god continue to bless you and ur family..look forward to seeing dale jr. on the track soon..in christ..david...p.s. my son with asberger and autism really loves to watch dale jr every week.it helps him to know that you all are taking good care of him,and that you all support autism.he counts the days down everyday until race time..have a blessed day and go number 88.

Thank you Kelley for the update. I wish Dale Jr a speedy recovery and hope to see him in the track soon!!!

Hey Dale, Miss you on the track but very glad you are listing to the doc's. Keep up the good work and hope to see you back soon. Thanks Kelley for updating us all. I started out being a big fan of your dads and then when he passed I started looking to you. I have been a die hard fan since.

Hope you are back soon, my daughter skype me from Afganistan Sunday to ask who was winning the race, I told her I wasn't watching it Jr. wasn't driving anyway. She loves Nascar and Jr., she will be back July 2013 and we will be at the races.

I am so glad that Jr is doing better, lets hope he didn't drop too many points in the chase, I just know this is our year, come on Jr you can do it, I have nothing but faith. <3 the Jr Nation, the best fans of the best driver

Kelley, thank you very much for keeping us up to date on Dale Jr's recovery. I am so pleased that everything seems to be going well with that. Dale, we really miss you on the track and are all sending you a speeding recovery. Glad that you are following the MD's instructions and that you didn't worry about what points you were not going to get for not racing. You must look after yourself. Your health comes first!

Thanks Kelly for the updates,i am a JR fan loud-n proud,& i just want to see him be 100% better before he returns to the track cause i wouldnt want to see him rush it & get hurt again, i love JR to much to want to see anything happen to him,so i just want to say R&R JR until you are ready, & i will be cheering for loud-n-proud as ever when you return.

Thanks Kelly for the update! Greatly appreciated! Don't worry about the criticism Jr, goes with the territory I guess, LOL. Just jealous is my thinking. We missed you last weekend and will miss you this weekend! Get well soon and we will be graciously awaiting your return!

Kelley.thank you a bunch for the update.we are so glad dale jr is doing better. And can't wait till our man is back in the 88 and feeling 100% We all love yas and are praying for a fast as the 88 recovery!

Thanks Kelley. Please keep us updated. We care about Jr. and want what is best for him. Sure we want Jr back but with his whole brain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PEACE

I am glad 2 hear that jr is doing ok. All of us jr fans are praying he makes a full recovery. We miss you Dale Jr.

Thanks for the update Kelley! So glad to hear that Jr is doing better and that he has been following Drs orders! Can't wait for him to come back to racing but it is most important that he does what is best for him! Praying for him and the family and love ya'll! Go #88

Dale, you have been in my prayers for a full and fast recovery, Love watching you race, Hurry back #88....

All that matters is that Dale gets better so he can race for a long time

Thank you for the update. Keeping Jr and all of you in thoughts and prayers.

A BIG get well wish from Lincoln AR, glad you are doing better a BIG THANK YOU KELLEY for the update.Your family is in our prayers.GET WELL SOON #88

God Bless You Dale Jr. I know you will feel better soon and Looking forward to seeing you behind the wheel soon.

Thanx for the updates! Glad that Dale Jr. is getting healthy so he can get back to what he does best. Sounds like yu are all a great support system, too! Blessings!

Thanks for the update you have all been in my thoughts and prayers. Your health is important. See you soon #88!!!!!

Thank you for the update! I'm glad to hear that Dale is doing better. Although we missed watching Dale last week and will miss him again this week, his health is of most importance. Looking forward to seeing him in Martinsville. You are in our thoughts and prayers. A loyal fan in PA! Take care of yourself Dale!

Looking forward to your return and for your full recovery go #88to dale Jr.

Kelley, THANK YOU for the update! Love ya girl! DALE, Please take the rest of the season off!!! Your body is talking to youuuu!!!..Listen to it!!! YOU & the team have had a FABULOUS year..and..we are all so very proud of YOU...Dale, please take er easy and rest...YOU have it ALL, dude....the good looks, the girl, the successful career-everything you touch turns to gold..family that loves you..and a FAN BASE that compares to no other-who also loves &supports you!!!!..BUT Dale.. you got nothing if you do not have your health...Dale,please, please take the rest of the year off to heal. I LOVE YOU and wish nothing but the best for you always! Hugs and kisses...KELLY<3

Thanks for the update Kelley. I know you're busy with your own family so thanks for taking this time to be with Jr. when he needs you the most. I'm praying for healing for Jr. and patience for you & Amy to deal with Jr. I know Jr.'s "chomping at the bit" to get behind the wheel of the 88 but I hope he takes his time and heals completely before he races again. Best wishes to the whole family!

Thanks for the update on Dale. Great to know that he is improving and will be back racing very soon. Missed him last week but his health is more important than racing so make sure you take the time to completely heal and not rush back into it. Love you no matter what and will always be a huge fan.

Glad to hear things are looking up =) Thanks for taking such good care of our Superman

Thank You for the update Kelley. The important thing is that Dale gets well and back to 100%. I miss seeing him on the track and to be honest I really could not get into the last race. It is not the same without of him. I hope he continues to improve so that we will see him back on the track doing what he loves.

Thank you Kelley for the update. Wish nothing but the best for Dale and his well being. A sister like you helps I'm sure! Good luck get well @dale. Need to see him on the track. But agreed his health comes first.

Dale: I had a head injury, playing hockey, and it took a long time to get better. The danger isn't over when the effects end. The damage to your brain could be quite severe if you re-injure your head again before everything heals up. There's no 100% recovery with a brain concussion, in the short term. Take care of your bro Kelly.

thanks for up date kelley. dale take care of yourself.your my favorite driver.if you have to sit out this yr thats ok.id rather have you health then get hurt and cant drive.id never watch nascar again if thathappened.your the only reason i watch.god bless you.

Thank you very much Kelly for the update....I live to watch Dale Jr race but if he needs to take the rest of the season off to get well I will rather have him sit out....Please take care of Dale for all of us....Speedy recover Dale...Jr Nation

Thank you kelley for the update,sounds encouraging.we miss him inthe car,but so proud of him for his right decision ( know it was a hard one to make).Junebug we love you in or out of the car,always so take care,follow Dr's orders..Prayers and thoughts with you and your family.God 's blessings. Deane/ GA

SO GLAD DALE IS DOING BETTER TOO BAD I HAD TO WORK THAT DAY I AM FROM PTTSBURG PA AND I SURLEY WOULD HAVE LIKED TO SEE YU GUYS WE DO HAVE SOME GREAT DOCTORS AND HOSPITALS HERE UPMC IS AWESOME AND SO GLAD YU GUYS MET OUR 6 TIME SUPERBOWL CHAMPS THE STEELERS AND GLAD DALE TOOK THIS TIME TO HEAL REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED TO STEVE PARKS BRAIN TRAUMA NOTHING TO MESS WITH SORRY ABOUT THE 88 FELT TERRIBLE REAGEN WAS DOING GOOD JOB I KNOW DALE MISSES DRIVING BUT HEALTH COMES FIRST SO GLAD HE HAS YU AND AMY TAKING CARE OF HIM PRETTY SCARY FOR HIM TELL HIM WE MISS HIM AND STAND BEHIND HIM AND ALL YU GUYS TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS YUR FAMILY!

Thanks for keeping us updated and letting us know that Dale is following doctor orders and working on getting himself back to 100%. Though I can't wait to see HIM back in #88, I am so glad that he is making sure he is healed and ready before he comes back full time. We want Dale to be racing for many, many years to come!! Love all of you!!

Kelley: Thank you for the post with the update on Junior. I had already read an article on Fox Sports where you were hopeful he would be back in the car at Martinsville. Knowing you made a specific effort to reach out to those of us in Junior Nation means a lot. I really appreciate the fact that he has you to lean on and be there for/with him, too. While we would love to see him back at the track, we want what's best for his overall health and well-being going forward, and know that the doctor(s) won't clear him until, as you said, he's 100 percent. We sure don't want any setbacks. Don't let him second guess the decision he made to be honest about his headaches/concussions. As we all know, there will always be critics and naysayers, but there are far more true and faithful fans who genuinely care about not only Junior, the race car driver, but Junior, the person. His honesty is a great trait and one that is appreciated. With continued thoughts and prayers for Junior as he travels the road to a full recovery. Angie

Kelley, thank you for the update on Jr. We are praying for a speedy and complete recovery!! Tell Dale that the races just aren't the same without him!! His fans really miss him! Can't wait to see him on the track again!!!

Thank you for the update and how he is dealing with some of the positive and negative comments. People can be mean and do not care about life "human life" all they think of is themselves. I glad that Dale open up to you and explain how he was feeling, we know as sisters and mothers when someone is wrong and they are really scared to admit "men real hard to tell anyone they are in pain". To: Dale I was the same way when the motor blew in the 88. I got up went to the kitchen, came back shut off the tv, what do we do now, turn the tv back on and watch the rest of the race. Yep, it sucks not seeing you race...

thanks so much for the up date so glad he is doing better miss him racing but his health comes first so glad he is doing better god bless you all

Thanks so much for the update Kelley. So glad he is getting the best care and you girls are making sure he is following orders. Can't wait to see him back behind the wheel and on the track. But only after he is 100 percent !!!! Hugs to you all. Take care of each other and yourselves. Hugs from Ohio

thanks for updateing us hope jr gets better hope to see him driven soon

Thanks for the update Kelley. Please let Dale know we are thinking of him and hope he gets better soon and can get back into the car!!

Thanks for the update Kelley.......It's to hear that Jr is listening to the orders by the Dr's on getting some rest. I can't wait when he returns back to the track next week.

Thanks Kelly, I know you take good care of Jr.All my Love & Prayers for Jr.and all of your family. I can't wait to see Dale back on the track. The races just aren't the same without him. GOD BLESS

Thanks Kelley for the update of Dale.Cant wait to see him back in the 88 car.The race is not the same when he is not there.Take care of him And Dale get better soon.

Thank you Kelly for the update on Dale. Sure did miss him on the track last week and will miss him this week. I hope that he gets to feeling better. We need him in the 88 car because no one can drive it like he can. So Dale you need to get to feeling better!!!!!!!!!!

It's really sweet of you to update all the fans, and I am happy to hear that Jr. is doing better. Tell him his fan base isn't going anywhere. We'll all be here cheering him on when he returns to racing. In the meantime, the voting, for most popular driver, is going on, and we haven't forgotten that either. My prayers are with you all. When Jr. goes back racing, I'll go back watching. I'm taking a break from it along with Jr.

Kelly, thank you for keeping an eye on Dale. We place such a burden on him and for that I apologize. It was the right decision. I'm glad to have read at least a few 'positive' pieces from the media that agree this was the right thing to do. The Ed Hinton article was especially good. Wish NASCAR would make that change - Ed was spot-on. Again thankyou for the update.

get well dale.....that is most important......you are so fortunate to have such wonderful people in your life!!!!!

Thanks so much for the update Kelly. Glad that Dale is getting better and he has Amy by his side I know that also helps in your time of need to have good lady beside you. He's got two! Now NASCAR is going to have to do something about the point system for those drivers who get concussions and can't drive. They never have had to look at that side of it. It's going to be interesting to see what they do about it. It's not far to the sponsor or team to go down in points because of and injury. No other team does.

JR. I'm Praying For A HUGE Recovery "Lord Bless"

I PRAY FOR DALE ALL THE TIME, I ASK GOD TO PROTECT HIM IN THAT RACE CAR, IM PRAYING FOR HIS SPEEDY RECOVERY BECAUSE NASCAR IS NOTHING WITHOUT HIM, HES THE BEST AND I LOVE HIM!

Glad to see Jr. is doing well and +'ve gains each day! He is the man and will always be the man in my books! There's only one car on the track for me and that's the #88! Growing up in racing family myself, I know how passionate Jr is and how much he wants to get back into the car! It takes a lot of courage to do what Dale did and I respect him a lot for doing it! Not only is Dale looking after his health and well-being, he is looking after his fellow drivers safety as well! In my opinion, this goes to show everyone how much Dale cares for the sport and for the future of the sport! Get better bud, like I said, there's only one car on the track for me and that's the #88! Jr Nation is alive and well in Canada! Wishing you a speedy recovery and looking forward to seeing you back in the car at Martinsville! Your friend, Dale R. MacMillan

Really have missed Junior; I hope he doesn't return before he is ready!! Who had a wedding on his property this past weekend I wonder. Who ever it was congradulation to ya!!

Kelly thanks for the updates. Jr you make sure to take care of yourself. There are millions of people who love you and care about you. The one thing that you can do for us is be there tomorrow, wherever and whatever that brings. I am going to Martinsville for the first time ever I hope to see you race, but the most important thing is your health. I can see you race some other time if you are not ready. You have a great day and a better one tomorrow. God Bless Darrell B.

Everyday I pray that you will be able to race soon. Enjoy your day!!!!!

Thank you so much Kelley for keeping us posted on Jr's health,Get better jr we miss you alot,(races aren't the same without,i tell my kids if an earnhardts isn't racing mommy feels lost),I pray for you and your wonderful family everyday.Rest your health is the most imporatnat to all of,Irene from tx,(I went to go buy driver 8 reading it love it)Enjoy your day!!!go jr go!!

Thanks Kelly, good update. We miss you Dale, be safe.

Been a long ass couple of weeks. We definitely miss the hell out of him, but glad he's followin doc's orders.

Glad to hear Dale is doing great I live an hour from Kansas and decided I am glad I went to Talladega because the 88 dosen't seem right without Dale in it.. and whlie you were in Pittsburg did Dale wear his Redskins gear..LOL

Gods Speed your Healing and Peace be Still....We Love You Whole Bunches

thank you Kelly for letting us know how Jr is doing Jr take care and get your rest i am glad you are doing better we really miss you and we want you to be ok

thanks kelly for the update.........racin has been a big part of my life my dad dirt track racin and both my brothers do...i pray and believe the good lord will heal him for us all to see him win a championship....love to u and dale and family..........prayers sent daily ......

glad to hear dales do n better, keep taking care of ur self. GEAUX JR, good luck race and b safe

Thanks for the update, Kelley.... Been looking for updates on Twitter from you and Jr the last few days and havent seen anything... Has he been headache free for a few days yet? Someone left a comment that they had a hard time when they saw Regan in the AMP uniform... It made me stop and stare for a while also.... THAT WAS A SIGHT I DID NOT WANT TO GET USED TO SEEING... Regan was the PERFECT choice to fill in, but we dont want to see ANY ONE in that AMP UNIFORM *OTHER THAN* JR! ANYWAY, THANKS FOR THE UPDATE AGAIN.... PLEASE KEEP ON KEEPING US POSTED...

There's always going to be those throwing out the negatives, blow 'em off and concentrate on being healthy. You did the right thing, and those of us that have been in that type of situation know how hard a decision that was to make. What you've accomplished with your current team this year was amazing, but trying to finish out the season with an injury would have jeapordized the lives of every driver in the entire field. It takes a Champion to realize that and step aside like you did.... which just proves that you've got a lot more of your father in you than most people realize. I'm proud of you, Dale. In my eyes you've already won!

Thank you Kelley for keeping us posted. I have not been able to watch the races since he has been gone, I sold my Charlotte tickets, I have Martinsville tickets and I am keeping an eye on his desicion before I decide to make that trip over. We love you Jr and hope you get back soon. Please get healed I am all to familar with head injuries as my brother has one since he was like 10 years old. I am so proud of him and you for the way you stand behind him. Take care love you guys !

Thanks Kelley for keeping JrNation informed on Dale's progress. Tell Amy thanks for being there also, I'm so glad he has ya'll there to help take care of him. I hope he gets back to 100% so he can get back on the race track. Take care Love, Lisa!!!

Thanks Kelley for the update, had seen this on FB and I don't get on here much. I am sending well wishes to all in the Earnhardt family and fully support Junior's decision to get himself back into 100% healthy. That's why I so admire Dale Jr., for he is honest and down to earth - willing to take the time to take things into perspective and value life in the later years when it matters the most! Please tell Dale Jr for me, get well and get all the rest you can get to get back to 100% and get back to racing again!! Janet (Blackbart)

I am a new member of this websit. Just found out it exist. My apologies. I have been a fan of first your Dad's for many, many years and have followed Dale jr his whole career. I am so glad he went for help instead of ignoring it. He is the most honest, sincere person in the whole sport. His health is more important and I am glad he has made nascar realize that. Hope to see him back soon.

Kelley glad you came on here and update us on Dale I for one has missed him running the 88 car. Hope that he is healing well and we jr. nation see him back on the tracks again.

Thank so much Kelly for giving his fan's an update.May God Bless all your family.Take Care,and hope Jr. makes the right decision about coming back.

Thank you for the update. Rest is so important. A concussion is not something to fool around with as you know. Hope Dale is well soon. I love how he picked Regan Smith to drive his car while he is recuperating. We follow him every week along with Jr., since he is originally from New York State. We live in Syracuse. Take it easy and we will see you when you are ready and able to race again.

Pryaing for a full recovery ..go get em Jr. <3

Pryaing for a full recovery ..go get em Jr. <3

Thanks, Kelley for letting us know what is going on with Dale. We all hope to see him back out on the track soon. Dale, I'm glad to hear you are following doctors orders and taking care of your health. You did the right thing by taking time off to fully recover. Your health is more important than any race or championship.Can't wait to see you back in the #88. We miss seeing you out on the track. Get well soon.

This is for: Honeybeerpizza, get off the site dude! This is for TRUE JR FANS! " Loser" you say.....take a look in the mirror pal! GET LOST!

Now, where is that "like" button ...

Thank you so much for posting this, Kelley! and, thank you Amy and Kelley for taking such good care of my role model Dale Jr. I have been a fan of him for 11 years, and I would be devistated if something would happen to him. He is a very very smart man for looking out for his health over his championship contension. Thank you Dale, for taking care of yourself. All of Jr Nation loves you. Praying for you. Can't wait to see you back next weekend

I hope he is getting better. I am with Dale Jr since he started driving. Can't wait to see behind the wheel again. We all miss you

To those who want to talk negative about Dale Jr and Kelley. Why are you even on here? As far as anyone being a moron maybe you should look at yourself.Half the stuff you said doesn't make any sense. Did you poo today?It sounds like you're full of it.

Kelly thank you for the updates. It's nice and comforting to hear Jr. is doing so well in his recovery. TRUE JR FANS, will always stand behind him and his health. To the nay sayers and people that believe he did the wrong thing in sitting out, will I can say is. TOUGH CRAP....His health and well being are greater than your needs. We true fans want him around as long as we can have him, and want to see him race healthy and happy. LOVE YOU Jr. can't wait to see you back.

I PRAY THAT JR GETS WELL SOON!! YOU GUYS ARE IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!! ALWAYS PULLING FOR YOU ON AND OFF THE TRACK!!

Dale keep on getting well. We miss you on the track, but your health is more important. Don't let what other people say get to you and stay strong. Kelly you are a good sister, you have always been there for Dale.

Junior have missed you so much, its really been boring without you, my blood pressure has been okay, you are the only one that makes my heart skip a beat, pleae be safe an take care, please get well, can't do without you, I would rather have you safe, an doing what you love, than anything in the world, a fan 4life, please take care I voted for you an always will, but your safety means more to me than what goes on out in this crazy world, of Media..:

Thanks Kelley good to hear. Mr. H. Said Jr is ready to at Martinsville. Really Good news. God bless

I have a few comments. First if you are a true fan of anyone your main concern if for their safety and well being. I for one am very proud of Dale for stepping back to get well. As for the critics, well....being a southern lady I am not going to say what I really think of those who say that what he did was wrong or stupid. Finally to you Kelly a large thanks for everything you do everyday. Dale take all the time you need. Jr Nation is behind you 100%.

After reading a few of the posts above mine I have something else to say. Dale, I have been a fan of yours for years both as a driver and an owner, I don't care if you never get back in the car if it means you will be in the racing world for years to come. I will continue to be a fan regardless.

I guess some things in this world will never change. It's sad to see that some people still have to call others names just to feel better about themselves. No matter what you say or do it will not change a true Dale Jr fans mind. We are some of the most loyal fans on this Earth and we all stick together.

Honey, isn't there a Busch site somewhere you should be haunting ?? And, pick up all this garbage before you leave ... empty beer cans and pizza boxes everywhere. Didn't your momma teach you any manners ??

I"m glad Dale is doing alot better.. I"m a hug fan and when I heard this I was so shocked.. I wish him all the best of luck with everything.. I"m glad he can race next weekend.. GO JR.. YOU ROCK.!! UR AN AWESOME RACER..

Doesn't sound to me like you're a fan of anybody but yourself ...

Thank you for the update Kelly and Amy, I watched the race yesterday and Regan did a stellar job in the 88 car. I am sure Jr. was proud of him. Its just not the same watching the race without him in that car and I think they should still flag his #88 car in yellow as IN THE CHASE when it scrolls across the top of the screen. Just because its not him in the car he is still in the chase. Just a little pet peeve of mine. I hope Jr. is back soon but mostly hope his recovery is full and complete. Take care and Best of luck.

Honey beer pizza. (whatever) why are you on this page if you are not a fan. This is a fan page not a haters page. You can go away anyday now.

Finally, someone took out the trash ...

Now, see what happens when the trash lay's around ?? Dang roaches start ...

Good Luck Dale, always pulling for you !! And will somebody kick the crazys off please ???

Kats8991 ... that comment was for the guy that's gone, now guess I was a little upset with "it" ...

Hi Dale Jr. Just me Robin.... with a little hope-you're-feeling-better-today wish! I wish you the best with your doctors appointment this week and hope it goes well where you will be back in the 88 at Martinsville this weekend. Kelly thanks for the info. Thanks for all you do and please take care of Dale Jr for us (Jr Nation). He is very important to us (Jr Nation) and we want him driving the 88 for many many more years to come. Dale Jr health and safety comes first. Take care. I wish you all the best. Love ya.

Hope you get better fast, I know it must be killing you not to be behind that wheel. We all love you and wish you good health. God bless you

hope dale jr has a speedy recovery must be killing him not to be behind the wheel

Praying that your feeling alot better these days... DJ! Hope to see you back on the track real soon!

Praying for you, Dale. Just take care of yourself, please. Love you!

My family and I are praying for you Dale..

My family and I are praying for you Dale..

Tap Tap Tap Just waiting to hear from you Kelley!

I just saw the new announcement from Laura S from Hendrick about JR. YES BABY we are racing again

Great to hear the news! No headaches and cleared to race!

Glad you're back! We're coming to see you! Got last minute tickets!!

Glad you're back! We're coming to see you! Got last minute tickets!!

You must be logged in to comment.

You must be logged in to leave a comment.